Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

I am going to start my third extension with EED in a few weeks.

I am going to start my third extension with EED in a few weeks. My original claim form was filed in August 2012. Because of the original claim date was August will this affect my third extension? Will I have to fill a new claim form?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am working on your answer now and will post it here shortly. Thank you for your patience while I prepare your answer.

Hello again, Pat.

Your extension should be filed automatically by EDD using Form DE 4581. No further action should be necessary on your part.

However, if you do not receive a claim form in the mail from EDD after 10 days from the date you received your last payment, you will need to contact EDD regarding your UI claim. A very small percentage of claims may not have been filed automatically and therefore, if you have not received any type of correspondence from EDD regarding the new extension, you may need to file a claim. You may apply online at EDD’s Web site,, or contact EDD by telephone.

The August 2012 date of your original filing should not affect this process.

Here is a link to the EDD site which provides this and additional information:

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your answer

You are very welcome, Pat, and all the best to you.

Please remember to provide me with a positive rating so I will be compensated for my time by the site. Thank you very much.