Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

So Im opening a new Q&A :) My attorney for reasons I cannot

So I'm opening a new Q&A :)

My attorney for reasons I cannot disclose in this public forum is not well versed in non-competes. Are tehre any pitfalls or strategies anywhere along the way the case is managed that we should be aware of? typical twists and/or turns, defenses, ofenses, etc?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Is this question for Socrateaser or is it open to other experts?

Are you asking about non-compete agreements in California?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's poen to sacrateser. I'm asking about non competes in ca.

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what your answer meant (since you said it was open, but also mentioned to Socrateraser), but I will answer your question for you, since Socrateaser doesn't appear to be online.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service on Independence Day!

Non-compete agreements are completely void and unenforceable in California, so there really are no pitfalls or anything to worry about. If you signed a non-compete and you work in California, live in California, or performed work while you were in California, the agreement is simply void.

This is due to Business and Professions code 16600, which states the following:

"Except as provided in this chapter, every contract by which
anyone is restrained from engaging in a lawful profession, trade, or
business of any kind is to that extent void."

Since my goal is to provide you with excellent service today, please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Thanks and best of luck!

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Riopua,

Please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Unless you have any follow up questions or need any additional information.

If you have no further questions, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. If you don't rate my answer positively, the website recoups your entire deposit and I get nothing for assisting you.

Please trust me when I tell you that I need the money WAY more than they do, so I'd greatly appreciate if you rate my answer positively!

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry i was on my phone so the spelling was atrocious. It was meant to be a follow up question to socrateaser. And actually the question was poorly formulated. I'll close the question nonetheless.