Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

This has to do with a on the job injury i had got hit by a

This has to do with a on the job injury i had got hit by a construction site forklift from behind and damaged four vertebrae in to the point i needed surgery to fuse five of my disks and screw a stainless steel plate to my spine before the doctors could perform the surgery i needed to go through four consecutive injections of cortisone each injection one week apart everything was good until the fourth injection because i was driving my self to the hospital the doctor would give me a epidural block opposed to anesthesia this way i didn't have to lay in a bed for 2.5 to 3.0 hours waiting for the anesthesia to wear off, when the doctor inserted the needle into what i assumed was my spine it wasn't the doctor had in fact missed my spine and punctured my spinal cord and was injecting the cortisone in it which caused my hole body to light up on fire and just about made me fall off the operating table the doctor asked me what was wrong i told him he said ok no problem finished the procedure and left the room not telling me what he had done or what i could expect to happen, i get dressed they release me right away i get in my car and head for home ten minutes down the road i have got to pull over and call someone because the pain in my head is so great i couldn't drive i was then transported to the ER at grossmont hospital were the on call doctor administered what he said was enough pain killer to stop a raging rhinoceros about 2.5 hours later the doctor finlay called the hospital and told them what had gone wrong i put up with this pain for 4.5 to 5 months with multiple trips back to the ER.
What can i do about his negligence in this case.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I'm not sure whether your question is about your doctor's negligence, your lawyer's negligence, or both. I'll assume that you're inquiring about both.

The statute of limitations on medical malpractice claims is one year from the discovery of the injury in California, so I hope that you still have time to fire your current lawyer and get another one to file suit.

This seems like a clear cut case of medical malpractice to me, and you definitely would have a good chance for a sizable recovery.

If it is a year since your injury and the attorney never filed suit on your behalf and still has your case, you can and should sue the attorney for malpractice.

You also should file a complaint against him with the California Bar, which you can do using the form and/or information here:

Since my goal is to provide you with the best service today, please don't hesitate to ask me any follow up questions.

If you don't have any, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Thank you and best of luck!
Hello Jeff,

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any additional info.

If you don't have any further questions or need any additional information, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work.

If you don't rate my answer, the website recoups your entire deposit and I get nothing for assisting you. Trust me when I tell you I need the money WAY more than they do, so I would greatly appreciate if you accept my answer!

Thanks and best of luck!