Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

just wanted my orginal question answer please

Customer Question

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  tjgesq replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.I will be glad to help if I can. What is your original question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my front end manger at my store is always asking us to tranfer
all items from one cart to another some employees do it and some don't but every time he sees me I must do it if other people are not doing the task do you think it is right to focus on me most of the time is this right for him to do this

Expert:  tjgesq replied 1 year ago.
Do you know why he focuses on you? Is it because he doesn't like you? Do you suspect any type of illegal discrimination such as based on race, religion, gender, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could be because im gay what should I say ijust want him to back off
should I say something to him

Expert:  tjgesq replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. In some states it is illegal to discriminate against employees due to their sexual orientation. However, that is not the law in every jurisdiction. What state are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

California

Expert:  tjgesq replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. In California, it is illegal to discriminate based upon sexual orientation. However, I will need to move your question to a different category, as California employment law has its own category as this website. Please hold.
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello.

I'm a California Employment Lawyer and would be happy to continue to assist you, as it was necessary for the last expert to opt out and transfer you to this category.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

As your previous expert correctly mentioned, it is illegal for your employer to discriminate against you on the basis of your sexual orientation. This violates the Fair Employment and Housing Act and gives rise to a cause of action for discrimination due to sexual orientation.

If your manager doesn't respond to your request that he 'back off' and treat you fairly, you can and should file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing for discrimination on the basis of your sexual orientation.

You can do so using the information available online here:

http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/Complaints_ComplaintProcess.htm

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will investigate your complaint on your behalf and either file suit on your behalf or issue you a right to sue letter so you can pursue your claim against your employer through a private attorney.

Since my goal is to provide you with the best service today, please don't hesitate to ask me any follow up questions.

If you don't have any, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your positive rating of my service and the bonus!

Please contact me on JustAnswer should you have any further legal issues.

You can contact me by placing ‘To Joseph’ at the beginning of your question and/or requesting me directly in the California Employment Law category.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please rate me highly (9-10)! High customer satisfaction scores ensure that I will continue to provide you and other customers with excellent service and they are greatly appreciated!

Thanks again and best of luck!