Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I was hired by a Dentist in a group practice, whom wanted to

I was hired by a Dentist in a group practice, whom wanted to start his own practice. I had worked with him (in the group practice for approx 11 yrs) then left the group practice to help him start his own dental office, and was promised a RDH (Registered Dental Hygienist)
full-time position which consisted of 5 days a week with 1 Sat a month, medical benefits, and a 401K plan and possible bonuses in the future. I has been 3 yrs since I started with this employer, and since then he has failed to pay for my medical insurance which resulted in policy cancellation 8 times along with an Insurance company change with a one day notice and continual failure to pay on my loan stemming from my 401K account. These payment are coming out of my bi-monthly pay check and are in control of employer. I have spoken to him multiple times regarding these concerns, and I am always given and excuse and then the back lash of my questioning creates stress and anxiety for
weeks to come and then it starts all over. What do I do?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Do you have an employment contract with your employer or other document that guarantees you health insurance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, as part of my contract... benefits such as medical insurance and a 401K plan are listed. An interesting insight that both the insurance broker and the 401K financial adviser are personal friends on my employer.

It is not their fault for this misuse of mine and other employee's portions for health insurance benefits... just interesting. Even in 2012, when a rebate from Blue Cross Ins. Co. was to be given back to California policy health care holders..our employer refused to give us any written information in the amount of this rebate and Blue Cross would not disclose this amount because it was an employers based policy. Insurance Fraud?

You would have a valid cause of action against your employer for breach of contract for failing to fulfill his duties in the contract for providing you with medical insurance.

The others things that you mention, while suspicious, are not illegal.

Insurance fraud involves filing a false claim with an insurance company. While your employer should have given you written information about the rebate, his failure to do so does not constitute insurance fraud or another legal violation.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!
Hello Brenda,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service!

Please contact me on JustAnswer should you have any further legal issues.

You can contact me by placing ‘To Joseph’ at the beginning of your question and/or requesting me directly in the California Employment Law category.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please rate me highly (9-10)! High customer satisfaction scores ensure that I will continue to provide you and other customers with excellent service and they are greatly appreciated!

Thanks again and best of luck!