How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38801
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former employee refused to pay for legal fees involved in

This answer was rated:

My former employee refused to pay for legal fees involved in a suit against the company when I was employed there. I paid my own attorney fees. I read the California Labor Law and they way I read the law the have to defend you or pay your legal fees. They are refusing to pay. How do I recover those fees. Also I was the only one of the people named in the law suit they did not defend

Cal. Labor Code 2802 requires the employer to pay the expenses of any employee incurred within the scope of employment. If your employer won't pay, you file a wage claim with the DLSE (click here).

Hope this helps.
socrateaser and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions