Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I have been employed for 15 years by Meyer Corp. The past

I have been employed for 15 years by Meyer Corp. The past 8 as Communications Manager. A new Marketing VP was hired and has given me 90 days notice stating I am not the right person for the job. I understand new VPs can rearrange, that's not the issue. She has been calling outside agencies that I have worked with for years telling them of her plans to change the department and explaining my departure. Isn't this a violation of labor law?
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you, I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Do you have any udea what your manager is saying? Who are the "outside agencies" and what possible motivation could she have for contacting them?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The outside agencies are our Product Placement firm, Spotlight Marketing and in addition, our PR consultant.

She is telling them not to talk to me about her conversation, but Spotlight did. Saying there are alot of changes going on, how are you feeling about everything?

T

Cathleen,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unless your employer is making false statements of fact about you, in which case that would give rise to a claim for defamation, it is not in violation of any law to contact third parties and talk about internal corporate rearrangement and your place in the company.

These are internal business matters and your employer is unfortunately free to discuss these issues with whomever they want. I truly wish I could provide you with better news in this respect, but there is simply no law prohibiting the conduct you describe unless your employer is making false statements of fact about you (i.e., "We are planning to fire Jane because she was caught stealing"), in which case you'd have a claim for defamation. I am truly sorry.

If you would like to discuss the defamation possibility with me in more detail, I would be very happy to do that. If you have any other questions concerning this situation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Very kindest regards.