LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I currently work as a real estate agent (as an independent

Customer Question

I currently work as a real estate agent (as an independent contractor) for a firm where the CEO is having a relationship with one of the other real estate agents in my office. This CEO is and I had a very public affair years ago. I have received texts
from his current relationship telling me to stay out of their business and received a phone call yesterday from the CEO himself, telling me his personal life is none of his business. While I agree, his personal life outside of the office is not my business,
his relationship inside of work is. I have lost 1 lease and 1 sale because of unfair treatment and my boss (the office manager), who is best friends with this co-worker, no longer supports my business as her allegiance is to the other party. I need to leave
firms as the workplace is no longer built on teamwork and trust but don't want future deals with this company to be hindered because of my past relationship. Is there any action I can or should take to protect myself? Report the situation to the firm's in-house
attorney? Report the situation to Association of Realtors?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts. Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more. Thank you, Fran