How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12355
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please let me know for the purpose of filing a complaint with

This answer was rated:

Please let me know for the purpose of filing a complaint with the EEO Officer, are national origin from Vietnam and national origin from the Philippines considered the same national origin? to be more specific, I make my complaint that I am discriminated against based on national origin because I'm from Vietname and my boss and co-worker are from the Philippines, am I considered protected class against discrimination?

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

The answer is "yes," a discrimination claim can be premised upon your national origin from Vietnam even if the alleged perpetrated of the discrimination is from the Phillipines.

Proving discrimination on the basis of national origin simply requires showing that adverse employment action was taken against you on the basis of your country of origin--it does not matter that the alleged perpetrator is from another close-by Asian country. If your national origin was the basis for adverse action, thatis all that matters.

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Very best wishes to you and thank you so much for coming to Just Answer.

Patrick, Esq. and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you