Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

This question is for lawyers who have recently bought a website

This question is for lawyers who have recently bought a website and/or marketing package in the past three years. The main questions are:

1) How much did you or do you currently pay for your website or marketing services?
2) What were your main motivations behind buying a website?
3) How did you hear about the offer to buy a website?
4) How did you hear about the firm that you ended up choosing?
5) What about the firm attracted you to it? What were the most important attributes you were looking for?
6) How important was price in the decision process?
7) What is online marketing to you?
8) If you signed a company to do online marketing, what would you expect to be doe, what results do you expect, and at what price?
9) Aside from referrals, if you were looking for a firm to build a website or to help with online marketing, how would you go about that?
10) If someone were to contact you about building a website (before you had one), how would you most prefer that be done?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
To answer your questions in turn:

1) My firm paid $5,000 for someone to build a website and market that website. $2,400 of that went into actually building the website and the rest went into online marketing.
2) We believed that a website would lead to more clients. The theory was that if even one good case came in from it that it would pay for itself.
3) Someone called me up and informed me of this offer. (random blanket call - very convincing)
4) That phone call
5) They had a very good sales pitch. I had already been thinking of building a website at the time, and they said all of the right things. They mentioned how many searches they would be getting off of it in the first month, how many calls this would generate, how different words made my website more visible. I wanted something that would bring in clients and they specifically referenced what they would do, and how that would turn into calls for me.
6) Without a money back guarantee, the price is very important. The price has to be something you don't care if you are never getting back. If it costs any more, then it is not a worthwhile investment.
7) Online marketing is placing an ad where it needs to be so that people in my state know that they can come to my firm if they ever have any legal needs. It is getting my firms information out to the public in the most cost effective way possible.
8) I would expect them to double my yearly revenue in less than 12 months, and be able to back that with a money back guarantee or be able to earn at least 10 times the initial investment, also backed with a money back guarantee. The price, while important, is less important than the end result.
9) I would go online, and try to find customer testimonials. Not just the promise that this has happened, but real people with real results. If I could contact them, and if they could swear by the marketing, then I would sign up immediately.
10) I would prefer a brief call followed up by an email or letter with additional information, guarantee and pricing. I do not want lofty promises. I would want information in a clear and concise fashion. I would not want to have to look at the material for more than 10 minutes.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, I would be most grateful if you would remember to provide my service a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

1) I paid approximately $220 a month for a website through www.lawyers.com.

2) I wanted to increase my visibility as an attorney and obtain more client contacts, which I thought would be best accomplished through getting a website and a listing on ww.lawyers.com.

3) It was part of a deal with www.lawyers.com to be listed and to get a website listing that I could then edit and customize.

4) I was called by a salesperson from the company and thought that it was a good idea to obtain the website for my business.

5) Since it is the priXXXXX XXXXXsting site for attorneys, I thought it was very reputable and that a listing on the site was crucial to my success as a solo practicioner. I thought they would be good for helping with a website as well, since a lot of attorneys have websites with them.

6) Price was an important figure. I wanted to pay a low monthly amount. If it were a higher upfront charge, I probably would not have agreed to pay it.

7) I'm not really sure what this means. Online marketing is online marketing. It is important to the success of a firm.

8) I would expect to have a good website. Although I was primarily in charge of editing and creating the website, which I actually preferred.

9) I'm not looking for a firm's assistance, so I don't know how to answer this question.

10) I'd prefer that that be done via email, but only if I had expressed an interest first. If it's a random person contacting me about building a website, I'm highly unlikely to agree to a contract with that person. I'd prefer to solicit services myself.

Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management