California Employment Law
California Employment Law Questions Answered by Legal Experts
1) I paid approximately $220 a month for a website through www.lawyers.com.
2) I wanted to increase my visibility as an attorney and obtain more client contacts, which I thought would be best accomplished through getting a website and a listing on ww.lawyers.com.
3) It was part of a deal with www.lawyers.com to be listed and to get a website listing that I could then edit and customize.
4) I was called by a salesperson from the company and thought that it was a good idea to obtain the website for my business.
5) Since it is the priXXXXX XXXXXsting site for attorneys, I thought it was very reputable and that a listing on the site was crucial to my success as a solo practicioner. I thought they would be good for helping with a website as well, since a lot of attorneys have websites with them.
6) Price was an important figure. I wanted to pay a low monthly amount. If it were a higher upfront charge, I probably would not have agreed to pay it.
7) I'm not really sure what this means. Online marketing is online marketing. It is important to the success of a firm.
8) I would expect to have a good website. Although I was primarily in charge of editing and creating the website, which I actually preferred.
9) I'm not looking for a firm's assistance, so I don't know how to answer this question.
10) I'd prefer that that be done via email, but only if I had expressed an interest first. If it's a random person contacting me about building a website, I'm highly unlikely to agree to a contract with that person. I'd prefer to solicit services myself.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).