Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I am a substitute teacher with a gen. ed. credential and a

I am a substitute teacher with a gen. ed. credential and a special ed. credential. I also have a masters degree in special education. I live in Malibu and had been a stay-at-home mom until the last 5 years where I became a substitute teacher in the district, i mainly sub in Malibu and the classroom I sub in the most is a Life Skills classroom for the middle and high school. I am devastated now because there was a position for a long term substitute within the classroom to teach the transition kids. I have been the regular substitute in that room for the last year, I worked in there almost everyday in one-n-one aide and head teacher positions. I am well loved by parents and fellow aides. In fact one of the parents told me about this position. Im thinking one parent, whose son had the most needs and who I took care of actually did say something inflammatory about me- honestly only this parent. I am so upset, I did so much for her son. Anyway when the sub position came up, the school psychologist refused to give it to me offering it to two other individuals the position, one worked one and would not take it and the other did. One had no credentials. the other a multiple-subject. Both are substitutes and like me, live in the area. yet i have the education, the experience and the time and love in the class that neither have. I want to know if i can demand an answer, if anything a a learning experience as to what I did wrong. There is only about a month left in school. Should i say nothing. One fellow sub said i was black balled. I feel i deserve a right to know. I leo get union fees taken out of my check too.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Do you know whether you are a union member, or do you just have dues taken from your check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am not sure. I did not know there was even a union. i am just worried about been labeled a trouble maker, All I want to know is if it is ok to request an answer or something or should i just let it go. I have never been "talked to" or so called "disciplined" before.

It is perfectly fine to request an answer to your question from your employer. However, they aren't obligated to disclose the reason(s) why you were not hired and someone else was.

However, if you do discover that you were not hired due to the false and damaging remarks of a parent, you may have a cause of action for defamation against that parent for damaging your career and preventing you from getting this job when you were the most qualified person, and should have otherwise received it.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still waiting for my answer from previous question.

I didn't get your previous question, probably due to a site error.

Could you please resend it?