Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I have been receiving CA state disability since Jan 2013.

I have been receiving CA state disability since Jan 2013. I received a letter from EDD for me to complete. It is called 'Disability Claim Continuing Eligibility Certification'. My condition is changed and I will be getting MRI in 3 weeks & doctors will give me a plan for treatment. What is EDD trying to do with me based on my answers?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

This is a regular form that the EDD periodically requests in order to confirm that you are still disabled and eligible to continue to receive disability benefits.

Although you are getting an MRI and doctors are going to give you a plan for treatment, if nothing has changed to make you no longer disabled, there is nothing to worry about, and you will continue to receive disability payments from EDD as you were previously.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work.

Thanks and best of luck!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

With any luck the doctors will fix me up in a few months (they said they will cure me). I have an executive search firm helping me retool my resume. I want so much to get well and back to work. Doctor already gave me permission to work if I want too!

Just wanted to know what is going on at EDD because I can't figure out what they will do next.

Thank you

Happy to help!

As long as you are still unable to work, you will continue to receive state disability insurance. You should ask your doctor to retrain from approving you to return from work until you are completely healed and able to return at full capacity.

Best of luck!