LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Customer Question

i am a director of a preschool in southern ca. i have two teachers that do not get along, and accusing eachother on different types of issues and they both have come to me different times and we have tried to solve some issues and have asked them to leave their differences at the door but everyday "something" has come up and it stating to effect the moral of the rest of the teaching i allowed to take disciplinary action on their behavior?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

To be clear, is this a private preschool? Do the employees have a collective bargaiing agreement or contracts which specify that discipline may only be for "cause"?

I very much look forward to assisting you regarding this matter.