Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

Hi There,I recently quit my job and Im wondering if my employer-

Hi There,I recently quit my job and I'm wondering if my employer-sponsored health insurance will expire on the day that I terminate employment or on the last day of the month? This is in CA.Thanks!
I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.
Unfortunately, that answer is not dictated by the law and depends on your employer's policy regarding canceling insurance benefits for employees who resign or are terminated.
Many employers will try to cut costs now by stopping insurance for employees immediately after termination. However, there are still employers that will let it go till the month. And, if you have already paid the premiums for the current month, they would be obligated to do so.
Finally, if you elect COBRA benefits, they are retroactive to the time that your insurance is canceled, whether that is the date of your termination (or soon after) or the end of the month. So, if you sign up for COBRA, any out of pocket cost that you have in the meantime will eventually be reimbursed by your insurance.