LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Company A employs office workers, getting the I-9 and W-4,

Customer Question

Company A employs office workers, getting the I-9 and W-4, doing payroll, dealing with timeclock issues, giving out the W-2s, etc etc. Company A lets its clients use the workers on an as-needed basis, which could be part-time or full-time, and the clients pay Company A for the payroll expenses plus some additional fees. If a client uses Worker Z only part-time, Company A can choose to give her hours to do its own work or it can choose not to use her. If the client no longer wants Worker Z at all, Company A can choose to keep employing her or not. Company A sets Worker Z's hours and rate of pay (with input from the client). Is Company A required to register with the state as an employment agency or temp agency or anything else? If so, how does Company A go about doing this?

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I can wait. Is there anything we can do to make the question more likely to get answered?

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sidd,

The question looks straightforward enough to me. I don't see that it needs improving upon unless you do.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!