LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

RA-HCH

Customer Question

My Wife tripped while preforming her duties at work falling on her Knees. She was sent to the Doctors, and was to stay off her feet for a couple of week. She started receiving workman's comp soon after she was going to all of her scheduled physical therapy sessions (13) in all . Her Doctor had ordered she get an M.R.I this was way back in November 2012 ! Her Employer ignored her Doctor's request twice rejected any further treatments. Seven Months later on this Date 04/05/2013 My wife received a registered Letter from her Employer explaining that because " quote" We have not heard from you or your Doctors about your condition. However ,you have exhausted the FMLA allowance and yet we have continued to keep your position for you. At this time, we do not see sight of return to work, and due to hotel business demands, we are in need of filling your position. Therefore effective April 3rd, 2013 we have released you from your duties as Housekeeper from the Holiday Inn Fresno Airport. ???
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your wife's situation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXXph, I'm sorry I must have gotten sidetrack. My Question was can my Wife Karen hold her ex-employer accountable for their poorly way they handled her injury. They the Holiday Inn hotel Ignored all of her Doctor's request " more treatments M.R.I's etc..,,etc. so on and so forth. My wife now is constantly in pain everyday it get's more difficult for her to walk. I've taken her to my primary Doctor but he said he can't help her as long as she is under a workman's comp Doctor, any advise you can give or recommend a expert Attorney in the Fresno area would be a great help ! Thank-You Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

Did your wife file a workers' compensation complaint against her employer?