Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

Were an airport services company doing business in California

We're an airport services company doing business in California as well as other states. I recently got a notice about the requirement to post in major California airports, an "anti human trafficking" poster (Senate Bill 1193). Does this apply to BOTH passenger and cargo airport operations or just passenger?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

The notice requirement only applies to 'primary airports' as made out in subsection 3 of new Civil Code Section 52.6. They dely upon the defintion of primary airports in 49 USC Section 47102, which defines a primary airport as:

'“primary airport” means a commercial service airport the Secretary determines to have more than 10,000 passenger boardings each year.'"

Due to that definition, the posting is only required for passanger airport operations with over 10,000 passenger boardings per year, not any cargo operations.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

If satisifed, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work.

Also, please rate me (very) highly when you receive your customer satisifaction survery, since high ratings ensure that I will be able to continue to answer questions for customers on JustAnswer.

Thanks and best of luck!