LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

FOR LawTalk Only, If Im staying in the hospital in coma or

FOR LawTalk Only, If I'm staying in the hospital in coma or badly injured, but I don't have insurance, then question for you...
Will the hospital have the right to go after my home or my assets to pay for the hospital bills?
Good morning,

Thanks for asking for me.

In the situation that you describe, if you incur medical expenses and have no insurance and no way to pay for the bills, then the hospital can sue you and when they get a judgment, they may seek to garnish wages levy on bank accounts and even attach and sell your home.

In that circumstance, long before that were to happen, you would simply file for bankruptcy and stop the collection action.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,

Thank you once again for your positive rating of my service, Christy. It has been my pleasure to assist you.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Have a great weekend,