Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

I resigned from a company and they have not paid me for the

Customer Question

I resigned from a company and they have not paid me for the last 2 weeks and accrued vacation. what do I do to make a claim and get this settled?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Employment-LawExpert :

Hello and thank you for your question

Employment-LawExpert :

Are you online with me?

Employment-LawExpert :

To make a claim, you could file an unpaid wage claim here: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm

Employment-LawExpert :

Additionally, because the check bounced, the second they are informed of this, for every day that you are not paid, you are owed a waiting time penalty from them. This penalty is equal to one full day of pay, and can go up to 30 days.

To make a claim, you could file an unpaid wage claim here:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm

Additionally, because the check bounced, the second they are informed of this, for every day that you are not paid, you are owed a waiting time penalty from them. This penalty is equal to one full day of pay, and can go up to 30 days. The only defense they have against this penalty is if the mistake was made in good faith, i.e. they had no idea the check was going to bounce. So, if you inform them of this, then the penalty will accrue and you will be owed all your wages, your vacation pay, and the waiting time penalty.

Good Luck!

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, I would be most grateful if you would remember to provide my service a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

I wanted to write to check up to see if you had any additional questions or concerns concerning your question. If you do have additional questions or need additional clarification please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember that I do not know what you may already know or with that you need help with unless you tell me. If you have not provided a positive rating because you would like a different expert to answer your question, please ask and I will opt out of the question so that another expert may answer. If, however, you found the information helpful to you, please do not forget to provide me with a positive rating by clicking on one of the happy faces, or I will not receive any credit for my time in trying to assist you. Please keep in mind that even after a rating has been issued you can continue to ask questions related to the original post and I will be happy to answer them. If for some reason the rating feature is not working or you cannot find it, please write me back and let me know. Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law as it applies to your case. I wish you all the best in 2013.