LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Customer Question

I am applying for major health provider and they ask to "List all employment in the last ten (10) years, beginning with your current or most recent." They give you drug test and screening etc. This is a position for a mental health therapist. I worked for 2 months in 2006 right out of school in a place that was a really bad fit for me. And since I was out of school and applied to many places I received another offer that I took. I also worked for 2 months in a bookstore as a summer job. This is totally non relevant to my current job. Where is it that my employment record for the last 10 years is recorded? Are my salaries recorded? Can my possible future find out my salaries? Would previous employers tell them my salary? What can/cannot previous employers tell Kaiser about me (I had to go on disability once for 3 months) in the last 10 years . Is it recoded somewhere that I went on disability? I have stellar references and solid work history. When they call my previous employers, does the call go to human resources and they tell them about me? My previous employer was a small company which was unethical and unaware of any laws. I can just imagine them telling all the information to anybody about me. Many of my previous supervisors left their jobs, I have their info. Will they call them as are references and my old employment companies? I live in California. Thank you.

Also I have sued this company before as my health insurance company.  They have my extended medical record in their system.  I would not qualify if I applied to their company for health insurance, I am kind of a medium utilizer of health services.  Would they look at my health record?  thanks.

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please cancell. Thank you.