Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

I have two weeks to turn in my FMLA paper work to my employer...

I have two weeks to turn in my FMLA paper work to my employer... Kaiser permanente takes 10 to 15 days to process..I going to loose my job because of late paper work.My employer says that is not their problem..can you Help !
No, you are protected from termination once you inform your employer that you plan to use FMLA leave.

You cannot be terminated merely because the paper work is late, as long as you are taking FMLA leave for an approved 'serious' medical condition or to care for a family member with a serious medical condition.

If your employer were to discriminate or retaliate against you for your use of FMLA leave, you would have a cause of action against your employer and can file a charge against your employer for violation of your FMLA rights.