LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Hello yesterday I was cussed at in an email, also sarcastically

Customer Question

Hello yesterday I was cussed at in an email, also sarcastically commented to after notifying the boss of his behavior and then immaturely told to become my own boss and to deal with the owner of the company on my own. I have emails and SKYPE messages documenting the verbal abuse I received from my co-worker. My questions are: 1) Do I have any legal rights to sue him for his verbal abuse/bullying? 2) IS the company we work for at all responsible, or can I just go after him? 3) What are the steps I need to take to pursue action?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Before I answer your question, I'd like to know the following.

Would you accept an answer that is not what you want to hear/ favorable to your situation, and not rate the answer negatively just because you don't like it?

Also, do you have any reason to believe that you were cursed at and sarcastically commented about due to discrimination based on a protected characteristic (such as race, gender, national origin, or ethnicity) or is it just personal dislike?