LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

If an employee is place on administrative leave "without" pay

If an employee is place on administrative leave "without" pay for four weeks can that person find work at another job until his/her four weeks are up at their prior place of employment?
Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Not only can a person seek other employment during their administrative leave, but as they have neither been terminated for cause, nor allowed to work, they may file an unemployment claim with EDD as well.

Filing with EDD will require them to seek full time employment during the time they are receiving your unemployment benefits, but as that is something they are already considering, they might as well file for benefits while they look for other employment.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link if you need any clarification of my answer; and if you do, I ask that you please keep in mind that I do not know what you may already know or with what you need help, unless you share that with me.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed, so that I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.
I will be happy to continue further, and to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Debra. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (8-10). It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Question was answered satisfactory and complete as per my friend's response to me. Thank you!

My Pleasure.

Have a great evening Debra!