socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

i AM CURRENTLY ON MEDICAL LEAVE FROM MY JOB AND THE DAY I FAXED

Customer Question

i AM CURRENTLY ON MEDICAL LEAVE FROM MY JOB AND THE DAY I FAXED IN MY OFF WORK ORDER FROM MY DR TO MY EMPLOYER, THE OWNERS OF THE COMPANY I WORK AT SHOWED UP AT MY HOUSE HARASSING ME ABOUT BEING ON MEDICAL LEAVE. THE REASON I AM ON MEDICAL LEAVE IS FROM STRESS FROM THE EMPLOYER. WHO DO I CONTACT OR WHAT DO I DO TO GET COMPENSATED FOR THIS? WORKMANS COMP OR TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE EMPLOYER FOR HARASSMENT?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 3 years ago.

1. Does your employer employ at least 5 employees?

2. When you say, "medical leave," do you mean FMLA or CFRA leave?

Thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes way more then 5
CFRA
You can contact the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and make a complaint. DFEH will investigate the harassment and determine if it's retaliatory. From what you've described, it certainly seems retaliatory, and if so, then you would be entitled to damages for the retaliation, or at a minimum an injunction against the employer to stop contacting you, or face a contempt order -- which could include fines, and community service or even jail time for anyone violating the order.

See this link for DFEH complaint information.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

If you need to contact me again, please use this link, and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!