Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

RA hg

Customer Question

If i felt discriminated against in the work place not by my co workers but by human resourses what actions should i take
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Do you believe that Human Resources is dicriminating against you due to a protected characteristic (suc as race, gender, national origin or ethnicity) or do you just feel that you're being treated unfairly relative to other employees?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's a possibility of gender he's always looking forward to helping the international female students he will even go out of his way to help them but as for us he will not we treated like peasents
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello Archie,

In that case, you can file a complaint against your employer with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing for discrimination due to gender in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act.

You can do so using the information available online here:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i feel im being treated differently from the human resourse manager because im a guy and from a different property ,i transfered to this property from another and because of this i am very well being treated differently other emploees notice it to and have asked me about it

Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello Archie,

I see that you rate my answer negatively. Could you please tell me what additional information you need?

Unfortunately, the different treatment that you're experiencing does not amount to a cause of action against your employer, since you are being treated differently than other employees due to a reason other than discrimination due to a protected characteristic.

As I mentioned in a previous answer to another one of your questions, this is covered under the employment at-will doctrine, unfortunately, and your employer is not prohibited from discriminating against you on this reason, even though it's unfair and wrong.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.

Please rate my answer positively. I gave you accurate and correct information and did not deserve the negative rating you gave me. When you rate me negatively, the website retains your entire deposit, and I get nothing for assisting you, and my reputation on JustAnswer is diminished, so I'd appreciate you changing my feedback rating!

Thanks and best of luck!