Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

i transfered from one of my work sites to another out of state

Customer Question

i transfered from one of my work sites to another out of state and along the way the assistant manager at the property said he could not find my transfer from the other property when i got there , so i would loose my benefits health and dental and i would also loose my two weeks pay vacation and there would be no housing avaliabe for me ( i had to rent a place 88 miles awasy from work for a month and a half working just to pay for the house and gas and would be incorperated into the system as a new hire, and would have to have a ua,(being the age i am and from oregon i believe i was also sterotype) along passing the ua i asked for all documents,emails about me to be printed off and for me to have for personal documentation, within these papers was my property to property transfer and my rehire form. I belive something was wrong and that i was falsly informed and pushed around i was at the property a year before a Well respected employee from all my peers. contact me [email protected]
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you noy look and see what illegall activities were going on just bymy experiance? They mislead me about everythin to ua me and i passed it,ive been with the company for four years and this is the first time my transfer was never 'recieved" but when iaskeed for personal copie sof all my paper work my transfer and rehire form was all in there.

Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello Archie,

Unfortunately, none of what you mentioned would be considered illegal, unless you have reason to believe that you were discriminated agianst due to a protected characteristic (such as race, gender, national origin, or ethnicity).

Unfortunately, being discriminated against due to your state of origin (Oregon) is not a protected characteristic, and it is legal for an employer to regularly or randmonly drug test employees (if it's policiy) or to require a drug test if there is some reasonable suspicion (defined broadly) that the employee may be using illegal drugs.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was told i had a job here and had filled out the transfer papers and upon arrival i was informed that my papers where never recieved that they had been lost, upon asking for a copy of my documents my transfer and rehire form where in there, the situation is very heavy,and some very detailed information would help if you could assist me

Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello Archie,

Unfortunately, as an at-will employee (unless you have an employment contract, you're an at-will employee) you can be terminated at any time for any reason with or without any prior notice.

This stems from the employment at-will doctrine, which is codified in California Labor Code Section 2922, and states:

"An employment, having no specified term, may be terminated at the will of either party on notice to the other. Employment for a specified term means an employment for a period greater than one month."Thus, even if you were told that you had a job and filled out transfer papers, there is nothing illegal about you not receiving the job you thought you were hired for, unless your employer signed an employment contract with you that stated they had a contractual obligation to give you the job.
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello Archie,

Please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Or, please ask me any follow up questions you have!

Thanks, and best of luck!