Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

My short term disability will run out on february 23 . I have

My short term disability will run out on february 23 . I have not been release to go back
to work I applied for longterm disability but was denied I appealed it they told me to check back around april if dont get decision. Can I apply for work comp ? If so when
Unfortunately, in order to file a claim for workers' compensation benefits you need to file a claim with your employer within 30 days of the injury, so you would not be eligible to file for workers' compensation benefits now since it is more than 30 days since your injury.

If you are still injured, you should apply for Social Security Disability benefits, which you can do online here:

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the question was can i apply for unemployment? after short term disability run out if not release to go backt to work. Iam not sure you got all the information was on the phone with customer service due to problems with site

Hello Lynete,

No, I just got a question regarding workers' compensation not unemployment.

Will you be ready and available to work when you run out of short term disability benefits?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not been released from doctor and have not been treated for injury which may require surgery, but at the same time will not have income if i dont file for unemployment cant do the job I previously did but

would be ready and available for a sedentary type job that would not require me to make nursing judgements reguarding patient care do to my head injuy. maybe a walmart greeter