LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

In January 2011 I signed a contract to join a company starting

Customer Question

In January 2011 I signed a contract to join a company starting in April 2011. The exercise price for my stock options (it's a private company) were listed at $0.20 in the contract.

When I left the company in May 2012 I had could exercise my vested options. However the company then stated that the exercise price was $0.50 as that's what it was for new employees that started the job (April 2011).

Can the company do this?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!