Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

Is there any violation if I have employees work a 12 hr shift

Is there any violation if I have employee's work a 12 hr shift on the 6th day and pay 1.5 their pay.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

This is legal. Pursuant to California overtime laws, an employee must be paid 1.5 times their regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 8 per day up to 12. Beyond 12 hours in a day and the employee must be paid double time.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, I would be most grateful if you would remember to provide my service a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Finally, please bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Thank you and very kindest regards.