socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

ra:sa

Customer Question

My husband is a key grip as well as a teamster and does commercials in Los Angeles. He receives W2's & W9's. He is not an LLC personally; however, he owns a grip truck and equipment that is LLC (with EIN#). His truck is hired for commercials and before each job, a Certificate of Insurance is required from production company. My husband usually drives the truck himself or has one of guys drive. We have just come across a situation where a production company is saying it is illegal for him to drive his own truck. We have not ever encountered this claim of being illegal to drive his own truck before, especially since the truck is LLC and he is a teamster. We and need some real concrete knowledge before talking to the company that is insuring the production company. Got any knowledge about this sort of thing?

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.

(intentionally deleted)

Hello again,

I don't mean to bother you -- however, I answered this question in good faith several days ago -- after which I was informed that you obtained a refund for your question. I then deleted the answer, for obvious reasons. It now appears that you may have reinstated the question and your intention to pay, but I cannot tell for certain.

If you want an answer and you intend to pay for it, please let me know and I will repost my answer.

And, if not, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Happy Holidays.