socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Im not sure if Im directing this to the right place: Im

I'm not sure if I'm directing this to the right place:

I'm in California and I am temporarily disabled and off work. I'm going to be receiving money from the state for that time in the form of a debit card. My employer takes money out of my paycheck for SDI but I don't know anything else about this.

My question is: Is this income taxable? If that's not enough information, do you know how what questions I need to ask?
California SDI is not taxable income, because it is paid for by you as an employee with after-tax wages/salary.

Hope this helps..

NOTICE: My goal here is to entertain while educating the public about the law. I hope my answer is useful and informative to you. During our conversation, the website may ask you to rate my answer. If you rate my answer lower than the middle rating, then the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing. It is entirely your choice as to how you rate my answer. However, because your payment to me is in the nature of a donation/gift, rather than as compensation for any services rendered, you are entitled to know how your rating affects the final distribution of your donation.

If you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!