Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I have been keeping a file on everything that may pertain to

I have been keeping a file on everything that may pertain to my situation. Any issues or incidents that happen are documented by me by sending myself an Email describing the situation so that there is a time and date stamp.

Also, there is no employee handbook for my position nor is there any job description. Any "updates" or "policy" changes have been done through Email. However, there has never been any requirement for a reply or acknowledgement of receipt of any Email. In fact, with any change, there has been absolutely no follow-up.

Does any of this help my cases?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Yes, keeping a record of anything that may pertain to your situation is extremely helpful for establishing proof of discrimination and retaliation for the EEOC or DFEH, if you file a complaint for discrimination with them.

The lack of an employee handbook and formal updates or policy changes wouldn't necessarily have a positive impact on your case, but if any 'updates' or 'policy' changes are made in a discriminatory fashion toward you that would definitely be helpful to your case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am confused by your last paragraph. Firstly, how can an employee be held responsible for "policies" that have not been formalized in an official document like a handbook or in an Email were receipt is required? Also, what do you mean by: "if any 'updates' or 'policy' changes are made in a discriminatory fashion toward you that would definitely be helpful to your case".

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Terry,

I was not saying that an employee could be held responsible for any policies or procedures that are not set out in any offiical document like a handbook or a receipt required email.

I meant that if the employer takes any retalitory action against you in the form of changed policies or procedures that that would strengthen your case against your employer for retaliation.
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello Terry,

Please remember to rate my answer positvely so I get credit for my work!

Or, if you have any follow-up questions please feel free to ask them here.

Thanks and best of luck!