Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

Joseph, thank you for your initial response, however, I am

Customer Question

Joseph, thank you for your initial response, however, I am wondering if the answer will be valid if the person who made the decision to not accept the withdraw letter of resignation does not have that authority as he is a acting district manager?

Secondly the letter was submitted under stress from the branch manager stating my employer is preparing to terminate me and know that we fight against you receiving unemployment and you should just leave the team and stop hurting the team.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
No, if the person who made the decision does not actually have the authority to accept your letter of resignation, then no, you'd have to wait for someone with the decision making power to decide not to withdraw the letter of resignation to do so.

Unfortunately, regardless of your reasons for sending a letter of resignation, the letter of resignation is an offer for you to terminate your employment, and your employer can decide to accept the resignation letter even if it was written under stress.

Again, I sincerely wish I had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Hello Carolyn,

Please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Thanks and best of luck!