Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I need to file for unemployment and I have a question; I live

I need to file for unemployment and I have a question; I live in Califoennia, but my employer is in Georgia. I wqas a regional sales manager and was based in CA, but my duties included traveling to other states.

1. How do I answer the question on the application that asks if I worked in a state outside of CA?
2. I was let go on March 31, 2012, bu as a condititon of my 6 month severance - I was not to file for unemployment until my severence runs out: what date do I use as my last date of employment? March 31st or Sept 30th?
1. You should state that you were based in California, but you did work in other states. If it's a yes or no answer, you should answer that you didn't work in a state outside of CA, and you could explain your work situation later. (The question really is whether you were paid wages while you were living in another state or where you were based, so working as a sales manager in other states wouldn't disqualify you from applying online).

2. It your severance was income replacement, then you should list September 30th as your last date of employment.
Please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work!

Thanks and best of luck!