Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I recorded a convenrsation with my manager, because she had

I recorded a convenrsation with my manager, because she had previously told me I was a rude person and negative towards my other employees as well with her. I recorded the conversation to hear myself how I sounded but I deleted the voice memo. I was naive and told my boss that I had done that. NOw they want to fired me. Can they do that?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Are you a member of a union or do you have an employment contract with your employer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I'm not a member of a union and I don't have a contract. It is a non profit organization. Also my boss is telling all the managers what happened.
Hello Denisse.

Unfortunately, as an at-will employee, you can be terminated at any time for any reason (including recording a conversation with your manager without her permission) with or without any prior notice.

This stems from the employment at-will doctrine, which is codified in California Labor Code Section 2922 and states:

"An employment, having no specified term, may be terminated at the will of either party on notice to the other. Employment for a specified term means an employment for a period greater than one month."

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.

Please remember to accept my answer so I get credit for my work!

Thanks and best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. I have one more question. My boss is telling the other managers the issue is that legal?
Yes, unfortunately, that is legal. As long as the comments that are being made are true, your boss can tell other managers about the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Joseph,
I have a question my boss is moving to another job position with a lower pay rate. I know for a fact that there are 3 coworkers in the same job position I am moving to with a higher pay rate. And my boss has state me that is not fair for me to get more money than my other co workers. So I am having a rate of 13.82 per hours along with my other 10 coworkers in the same position but the 3 I mentioned in the beginning they get pay 18 per hours and they don't do any special or extra on the contrary they do less. Can I ask my boss to reconsider my pay rate?
Hello Denisse,

Since this is a new question would you please repost it as a new question so I can answer it for you?