Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

Hello, I asked this question a few minutes ago and after thinking

Hello, I asked this question a few minutes ago and after thinking about it I have returned. I am looking for an attorney familiar with CALSTRS disability. I teach elementary school and suffer from Cluster headaches and panic attacks. I was under stress the other day and thought I was getting a headache. I did not wind up having a headache, but I did go into panic mode. Two teachers took me to urgent care where I received some medicine. I then went to my General Physician and a neurologist. Thanks!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to find an attorney that works in Southern California who is familiar with CALSTRS. The ones I found online seem to deal with SSI. I read on Handle on the Law that it's a good idea to consult with an attorney before proceeding. The CALSTRS website simply states that I need to contact them and speak with a representative. Do you know of an attorney for CALSTRS or will any disability attorney work? Thanks!

Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
No, unfortunately, I cannot give specific reccomendations for attorneys due to the rules of the site, but I'd be happy to answer any question that you have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you believe that it is in my best interest to meet with a CALSTRS Disability Representative before consulting with an attorney?

Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I think it's in your best interest to get started with the claim as soon as possible. Also, I don't see any harm with you speaking to a disability representative prior to consulting with an attorney.
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management