Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

How can I find out which company to sue regarding the cause

How can I find out which company to sue regarding the cause of my past hospitalizations, to which I was not born to commit, since I have not been hospitalized as of more than eight years ago?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Hello.

Are you saying that the last time you were hospitalized was more than 8 years ago?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. The last time I was hospitalized was more than eight years ago.
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, the statute of limitations for any claim that you would have against a company for causing your past hospitalizations has passed, since the statute of limtations for personal injury claims is two years.

So, unfortunately, you wouldn't have a valid cause of action against a company for causing your hospitalizations that occured over 8 years ago.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your quesiton.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I sue about any stigma that might have occurred from those hospitalizations?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
No, unfortunately you wouldn't have a cause of action against the hospital or anyone else due to any stigma that was caused by the hospitalizations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I sue about the fact that people keep stalking me instead of hiring me?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if someone is actually stalking you, you would have a cause of action against that person for harassment, although I would suggest that you file a police report if you believe someone is stalking you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The most recent police report that I have filed is a report of a theft of some of my own socks that have been definitely taken from my own hotel room. How can I sue any stalker(s) without knowing who the stalker(s) is(are)?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.

Sock theft definitely seems unusual. That would, unfortunately, be an issue. You would have to know who the stalker is before you could sue him or her.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hear those stalker(s) commenting on my actions constantly. How can I find out who he/she/they are?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure how you'd be hearing stalkers commenting on your actions constantly, but I really have no idea how you could find out who these people are. I'm only an attorney, and can only give you legal information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is theft always something to sue someone about?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you could sue someone for the value of the items that were stolen, but it's best to pursue that in criminal court. Again, unfortunatley, you'd need to know who committed the theft to file suit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a way to determine who stole from me from a list of my previous employers?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
No, that would be impossible. I also cannot think of any reason why a previous employer would be stealing from you, especially your socks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since the hotel in which I live includes a visible posted sign stating that the hotel management is not responsible for any thefts, is the hotel management the stalker(s)?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
I doubt that, but again, I cannot speculate on these issues with you. I will have to opt out in favor of another expert if you want to continue this errand.
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management