Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I am an owner of economic hotel in California, I have 5 hourly

I am an owner of economic hotel in California, I have 5 hourly employees. I plan to bring them to go to another city to attend a training, it isXXXXXon road. I hired a driver to drive us to that city. Should I count these hours as if my employees are working? One of them will work 8 hours before the trip, so she will work 14 hours on that day, if these hours are counted. Thank you./Leo
Yes, if this is training that is required by the employer, then you must compensate the employee for the time spent traveling, as well as the time spent in the actual training.

For the employee who is wroking 8 hours before the shift, you will need to compensate the employee at the overtime rate of one-and-a-half their normal rate of pay for four hours and compensate them for double their normal rate of pay for two hours.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So, what I understood is the time spent on trips will be 100% counted as "working" hour? How about the dinner time, relaxing time and sleep time, should we pay these time too? If they take flight, should we count the time from the time he/she leave home? Thank you.

No, just the time that is spent traveling to and from the training and the time spent at the training needs to be counted. You don't need to count the time when they are not actually at the training as 'work' time.