Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

Can an employee file a stop notice on a bond in a dispute over

Can an employee file a stop notice on a bond in a dispute over wages
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Who issued the bond? Did the employee issue the bond or the employer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is a publics work project that has a bond by the general contractor

A dispute arose between an employee over wage rate .

The employee then insisted he was owed 2000 dollars in wages and the employer disagreed

the employee then wrote a letter called a stop letter against the bond.

can an employee file a stop against a bond over wages?I thought only a licensed contractor with a valid contract can file against the bond,and that wage disputes are reserve for the labor commision or the department of industrial relations

Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Yes, an employee cannot file for a stop against a bond over wages. Your're correct that only licensed contractors with valid contractors can file against the bond.

Wage disputes are reserved for the Division of Labor Standards Enforcmenet of the Department of Industrial Relations.
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management