LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I am employed in California and was placed on Paid Administrative

Customer Question

I am employed in California and was placed on Paid Administrative leave after an investigation of making "violent and threatening comments." This was unfounded by the Sheriff's Department that conducted an Administrative Investigation. Human Resources began their own investigation on 8/29/12 and I am not being given any information when I request it.

I was told this morning by HR Exec that they have been making calls to a list of doctors because I have to be evaluated before I can return to work.

Am I obligated to share my personal medical information with this doctor, such as medications I'm on that have been prescribed by own physicians? I feel they have tried every avenue to gain access to my medical records and this is the only way they can do it. How much information must I share with this "doctor"?

Please advise.

Christine from California [email protected]
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome,

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

Does the bargaining agreement permit the employer to require that you are evaluated before you return to work? Does it allow the employer to choose the physician?