Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

In California Workers Comp., as an Unrepresented Applicant;

In California Workers’ Comp., as an Unrepresented Applicant; can I hire , using a Lien, an Attorney; not to take over my claim, but for the sole purpose of questioning one or more witnesses, at a trial on Defense Misconduct?

No, an attorney would actually be unable to testify for you at trial, since the attorney would be representing you in your case. I also doubt that you'd be able to find any attorney who would be willing to be hired (not as an advocate) but solely for the purpose of testifying on your behalf at trial.

Finally, I don't see how this woud benefit you either.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No; I do not want him to testify. I only want him to question the witnesses.

I already know the questions, but I think the Judge will not allow me to ask them, or get to the bottom of the issues.

Unfortunately, if you were to hire an attorney, you would probably only get an attorney to agree to take your case by taking a percentage of the payout you would receive.

Since attorneys in workers' compensation cases cannot work hourly, and can only work on a contingency basis, the attorney would need to take a percentage of your case in order to be paid for representing you.

However, I also don't think that the judge would prevent you from asking questions unless they are irrelvant to the case. Even if that were the case, an attorney would not fair any better in asking the same questions.