Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

i have asked multiple questions re; this subject, as you can

i have asked multiple questions re; this subject, as you can see.
aside from workers comp, there seems nothing possible to have a company change or accept responsibility for policies and procedures that create a stressful environment, that is unhealthy, i.e. employees taking sick days and stress leaves, is that correct? the employees are middle to upper management, that i speak of, not even the lower levels, that have their own issues; ie. being laid off. the corp. is thinning and thinning down, the work load is unbearable, yet, the corporate entity survives, grows and gets salary increases and bonuses. the employees i speak of work in the hospitals that this not for profit, lol. owns. basically, corp. answer to everything is , if you dont like it.. leave, but the damage they have done to the mental and physical states of employees seems untouchable. Any suggestions?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Hello.

Yes, unfortunately, that is correct. Workers' compensation is the only method that employees can use in order to be be compensated for the stressful work environment and any health conditions it has caused.

Unfortunately, this is the case wtih many 'at-will' employers who are primarily interested in the bottom-line and are completely uninterested in the health and well-being of their workers.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management