Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

Hello, I own food service restaurant in Concord. I have

I own food service restaurant in Concord. I have few employees who work part time (on hourly basis) at the restaurant. I have question regarding Overtime.

Do I need to give over time (1.5 times) to employees worked on the national holiday (like labor day) even if they have worked less than 8 hours a day and less than 40 hours a week?

Appreciate your support!

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My goal is to answer your question completely and thoroughly and to provide excellent service.

No, there is no requirement to pay employees overtime for working on a holiday unless they have worked more than 8 hours in a day, 40 in a week, or for 7 consecutive days within a workweek. There is no such thin as state or federally mandated holiday overtime pay.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the best.

If you do not have any further concerns, I would be very grateful if you would give my answer a positive rating and click submit, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. If you have any additional concerns that you would like me to address, please feel free to let me know by hitting the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button and I will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Finally, please bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Thank you and very kindest regards.