LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I have a separation agreement that my employer give to me because i quit my job because of

Customer Question

I have a separation agreement that my employer give to me because i quit my job because of a hostile work environment and the stress made it impossible for me to work for my current manager. I asked HR if i could report to someone else and they told me i could only work for her. The question is can i collect unemployment or not?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Do you have any proof that the work environment was extremely bad, such as documentation or witness testimony, as well as any attempts you made to resolve the situation so you would not have to quit?