Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

I was employed by Target located on E. Capitol Expressway in

I was employed by Target located on E. Capitol Expressway in San Jose, CA. A co-worker has continually made inappropriate remarks and recently put her hands on me. I told her to knock it off and she continued so I moved her hand off of me. Two other co-workers and my Supervisor were in the break room at the time of the most recent incident. The co-worker who laid her hands on me and would not stopped when asked to do so has been fired. I went to work on Moday and at the end of my shift, I was told that I was fired and when I asked why, I was not told anything but we negotiated. I have never been written up for inappropriate behavior or poor performance. I believe I was wrongfully terminated and would like to pursue this legally. I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your assistance.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want to pursue legal action against Target for wrongful termination.
Yes, you would have a valid cause of action for wrongful termination if you were terminated due to the sexual harassment that occured.

You should continue with your claim with the EEOC office.

The EEOC office will investigate your complaint and will either file suit on your behalf or issue you a 'right to sue' letter so you can pursue your claim against your employer through a private attorney.

If you do receive a 'right to sue' letter, I would suggest that you hire an attorney who works on a contingency basis, so you'd only have to compensate the attorney if you receive a settlement or a verdict in your favor.