Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

I hired home care of me for my broken arm. She was "boned

I hired home care of me for my broken arm. She was "boned and insured" by the angency. She stlole my credit card and was detained by police? for fraud. I was still responsbile for the time she worked here and had to pay for it
Hello and welcome,

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

What is your question for me please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What does "bonded and insured" mean?

Thanks for help. Elizabeth

I see.

Bonded means that fund are available through a bonding company to pay any claim you may have against losses you sustain as a result of the worker's conduct. If the employee used your credit card and you sustained losses as a result, then you should typically file a claim against the company for reimbursement.

Insured means that the company has insurance that will cover any injuries sustained by the employee while working on your property, so your homeowner's insurance would not be responsible to cover such damages.

Here is a link that provides more information on this:

http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/what-it-means-to-be-bonded-licensed-insured.html

Please remember to press the smiley faces/stars on the right of your screen when we are finished with our communication so I will be credited for my time. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Thank you and all the best to you,

If you experience technical problems, please let me know or contact [email protected]