Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

Can I sue my employer for creating an unsafe work environment?

Customer Question

Can I sue my employer for creating an unsafe work environment? My work place has many vehicles coming in and out to make deliveries as well as vehicles traveling around the work place. At most intersections there are stop signs on all sides. However where all employees enter there is a crosswalk which does not have a stop sign on one side. This is an issue with many people walking across and vehicles not stopping, its an accident waiting to happen. This must fall under life endangerment or gross negligence. So can I sue?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Unfortunately, in order to have a cause of action for negligence, you would need to actually be injured by the unsafe working environment.

Unless you're actually injured, you wouldn't have any damages against your employer, so you wouldn't have a valid cause of action.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
I see you gave me a negative rating. Pleae remember to rate my answer based on the quality of the information provided, not whether what it was what you wanted to hear or not.

That said, please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide to improve your rating.