Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

I want to send a pre-lawsuit settlement request letter to my

Customer Question

I want to send a pre-lawsuit settlement request letter to my former employer for wrongful termination but I'm not sure of how to write it.

It is a delicate matter and I am aware that if I don't explain myself properly I may get shut down and have to file the suit, I have a very good case and most likely to win but I do not want to expend back and forth for who knows how long in court.

s there a template that I can rewrite or follow to have a valid form for this request?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Have you already communicated a written demand to the employer seeking damages? What type of claim do you believe you have against the employer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not yet provided them with a written demand; my case is based on wrongful termination due unproven (and dubious) claims against me for which they have no prove except so a counterpart testimony that created the false allegations.
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
I see.

You would typically be looking for a demand letter to send to the employer then. This is something that is usually drafted by an attorney since it should set out the law on which the employee's claim is based, as well as other legal references after a thorough evaluation of the case is performed.

Here is a link to a sample demand letter. It is a word document:

If you wish to draft the demand letter yourself, you could leave out the specific references to the law and include the facts that you believe amounted to a wrongful termination claim. I would not recommend doing this though as you could damage your case unknowingly.

Please remember to press the smiley faces/stars on the right of your screen when we are finished with our communication so I will be credited for my time. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Thank you and all the best to you,

If you experience technical problems, please let me know or contact [email protected]

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Diego,
I wanted to thank you for using JustAnswer, and to inquire whether my answer to you was helpful to your understanding of the law, as regards your question.
Is there anything else that I can assist you with? If not, and if you haven’t already, would you please now rate my service to you highly? Thanks in advance!