Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Can I pay salaried employees in a nonprofit, and how much?

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. My goal is to answer your question completely and thoroughly and to provide excellent service.

Yes, non-profit entities may pay their employees on a salary basis. There is no set limit to the salary that a non-profit employee may receive; however, the amount must be "just and reasonable." (Code of Corp. § 5320 et seq.) Thus, compensation for employees must be no greater than that which is commesurate in comparable for-profit industries.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the best.

If you do not have any further concerns, I would be very grateful if you would give my answer a positive rating and click submit, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. If you have any additional concerns that you would like me to address, please feel free to let me know by hitting the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button and I will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Finally, please bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Thank you and very kindest regards.