Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

EDD Hearing tormorrow via phone. I was informed my my boss

EDD Hearing tormorrow via phone. I was informed my my boss Sr VP HR that since he received an email from an outside source stating I was looking for another job I was fired. He was agressively looking for an interum person and a permanent replacement. The next day he stated my last day was July 13th and provide him with a transition list of duties (I am Sr Manager of Benefits) by the following Monday. He would speak to me Tues or Wed but he didn't. He in the meantime my coordinator who reports to me was asking questions and knew something was wrong. I told her because I needed to transition work which is very detailed and regulatory. My boss got upset because I did so and I believe is contesting my unemployment. I don't know what NuVasive reported to EDD, I have called EDD last week but no response. How can I find out what they stated to EDD and who goes first when presenting at a EDD hearing on the phone?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Unfortunatley, you don't have a 'right' to know what your employer stated to EDD. If your employer is on the phone for the hearing, you would be informed at that time about the statements that the employer made to EDD.

Fortunately, your empoyer really doesn't have a case to contest your benefits. Even though you may have been looking for another job when you were terminated that does not constitute sufficient good cause for your termination, and you are, and will continue to be, entitled to unemployment benefits.

Also, FYI, it is virtually impossible to get through to EDD on the phone, and its unlikely you'll ever get a response from a message that you leave to them.

The best way to contact EDD is online, which you can do so using the website here:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They may try to say that by telling non exempt co workers I caused a disrupted environment. I told co workers to explain the work going forward. I was looking to have a smooth transition.
That wouldn't constitute sufficient good cause for you to be terminated. Looking for another job, or informing co-workers that you're looking for alternative employment doesn't constitute good cause for your termination, as long as your job seekeing wasn't effecting your work performance.